Standard Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions cover what is included in a standard installation package, and the process for quotation for extra work up to £200.
It is possible that issues may arise on the day of installation, these could incur extra costs or result in an aborted visit charge.
Therefore, if you think there is any reason why we might not be able to complete your installation on the day please let us know as soon as possible.
EV Chargers UK installation package includes:
(1) 2 hour standard installation slot.
(2) Fitting of a charging socket on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
(3) Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the distribution board and the charging socket.
(4) The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charging socket.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
(1) Extra cable length above 10 metres will be charged at £10 per metre.
(2) If the cable needs to run under floorboards or ceilings you may incur additional costs. If this is the case please send us images of the installation area first.
(3) All installs/surveys are booked on an all day appointment basis, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate any requirements we cannot guarantee this.
(4) Please inform us if your meter or consumer unit is not located on the same external wall as the required position of charge point.
(5) Our standard OLEV rate does not apply on installs in blocks of flats. These installations will be subject to a site survey.
(6) If your current electrical installation does not meet the required legal standard we are legally required to fit the following extras:
(a) New 1 Way Board: £50.00 fitted.
(b) Henley block: £15.00 fitted.
(c) Gas, water or earth bonding: £60 up to 5m and £10p/m thereafter.
(7) £50/hour plus materials over and above the 2 hour standard slot.
(8) Aborted visits: £80 – £200.
(9) Cancelled appointments with only 24 hours notice £80, if a coloured charger is ordered these are made to order and are subject to a restocking charge of 25% of total cost.
(10) Customer to provide parking and welfare facilities.
Our charge points are covered by a 3 year warranty, 3 year parts only and 1 year full warranty. Any hardware failure should be punctually reported to us at: email@example.com.
Please quote the serial number, date of installation and provide a brief explanation of the fault. The technicians will review the information and contact you to get further details and arrange a call out if necessary.
The warranty will be void if the installation is carried out by an installer not approved by us, or if the charger is modified with or the repair is attempted by anyone other than one of our technicians.
Limitation of Liability
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by EV Chargers UK for any loss, costs or damage caused by any use and/or misuse of our products, except when caused by our negligence.
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme – OLEV Grant
The electric vehicle chargers we install are approved under the office for low emission vehicle (OLEV) government grant scheme which means our customers can benefit from 75% off the cost of the equipment and installation up to a maximum of £500. The OLEV Grant, also known as Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), can be claimed for each eligible vehicle up to two charging points per household.
Here is the criteria you must meet in order to claim the OLEV grant:
(1) You own an electric vehicle, have ordered an electric vehicle or have an electric vehicle leased or company car
(a) The make/model must be listed on: Vehicles eligible for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
(2) You acquired the vehicle after 1st October 2016
(3) You intend to keep the vehicle for 6 months or longer from date you took keepership
(4) Your property has off road parking such as a driveway or garage where you can park and charge vehicle?
(5) Your installation date is less than 4 months ahead of the date of the delivery or start date of the vehicle’s use. If not then you need to contact OLEV requesting permission.
If you meet all the criteria above you should be eligible to claim the grant.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check they are eligible for the OLEV grant. Should the grant claim be rejected by OLEV we reserve the right to claim the £500 back from the customer.
Customers who require further information, or have queries regarding the grant process should contact OLEV directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org .